Welcome to the Real Estate page for StayOrGoHomeowner (formerly StayOrGoRealtor)
This is part of my Stay Or Go Homeowner class where we teach homeowners everything they need to know so they can make that tough decision to
stay in their homes or make a transition.
Formerly: PersonalMLS.com and/or StayOrGoRealtor.com
Brian Schwatka, Realtor & Retirement Specialist
Brian Schwatka has been a Realtor with Intero Real Estate Services in Los Gatos, California since 2004. He helps homeowners of all ages and is also a Seniors Real Estate Specialist as well as a Certified Seniors Advisor. He has a passion for educating and helping people with downsizing, preparing, marketing and selling homes. During his career in Real Estate, Brian has consistently been in the top 5% of all agents in the nation and the top 10 in his office.
Brian is also the creator of a class entitled “Stay or Go Homeowner” which guides homeowners through every step of the decision making process of either staying in their home or choosing to make a transition.
When he isn't helping homeowners, he rides mountain bikes, off-road motorcycles and plays the Bass in a classic rock band and a christian rock band. He currently resides in Willow Glen with his wife Debbie, and daughter Ashley.
Intero Real Estate Services
Agent BRE# 01426785
518 N. Santa Cruz Avenue
Los Gatos, CA. 95030
Web: www.StayOrGoHomeowner.com (This page)
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Certified Seniors Advisor (CSA)
- Certified Negotiations Expert (CNE)
- Accredited Staging Professional (ASP)
- Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource
- Santa Clara County Association of Realtors®
- California Association of Realtors®
- National Association of Realtors®
Brian's Listing Presentation
Click on the link below to view the presentation:
Click on the link below to see testimonial letters from past clients:
Helpful Information for Sellers and Buyers
Brian's Portfolio of Sold Homes:
Before and After Photos (Downsizing):
Helpful Tutorial Videos:
TIPS: To play, pause, fast forward, rewind, view the videos in a higher resolution, switch to full screen, change the volume, or share the video with others, look around the edges of the video for those controls. Also, remember that if you have visited this page in the past, you may need to "refresh" your browser to see new content.
Buy 1st or Sell 1st?:
This video will explain your options from easiest to most difficult when it comes to deciding if you should buy your next home first or sell your current home first.
Real Estate 101:
This video takes you through the entire home selling process
NOTE: After you hit the play button, you can drag or slide the red playhead within the video below to watch a specific topic.
- How to interview a Listing Agent - (jump to 3:45)
- The Comparative Market Analysis - (jump to 16:52)
- Capital gains taxes overview - (jump to 18:30)
- Property Taxes - (jump to 21:08)
- The listing agreement and commissions - (jump to 23:35)
- Downsizing and secrets to stress-free transaction - (jump to 32:15)
- Selling As-Is with Inspections and Disclosures - (jump to 37:47)
- Home preparation and return on investment - (jump to 47:50)
- Staging and marketing - (jump to 58:35)
- What a seller can do to help - (jump to 1:06:48)
- The real estate transaction in one slide - (jump to 1:11:48)
- The purchase agreement - (jump to 1:18:16)
- Picking the best buyer - (jump to 1:23:56)
If you are using a mobile device to view this video, you may not see a play head for jumping to a specific spot in the video. If you would like to watch this video on YouTube so that you can use use time stamps or jump points, please CLICK HERE
Tutorial Videos (coming soon!)