P - u - z - z - l - e Pieces
Breaking the Stay Or Go Homeowner classes into short video clips
Very short videos explaining various pieces of your Stay Or Go Homeowner puzzle
Brian Schwatka is a Realtor, not a CPA, tax person, estate planner, legal person or financial planner. We will only be talking about general principles, not specifics, recommendations or advice. The goal is to get you “thinking and preparing” for a transition. The information contained in these videos should not be construed as investment, legal or tax advice, recommendations or solicitations. Persons should seek independent advice for any issues that are not real estate related.
Puzzle Piece Video Clips - Intro
Step Zero - Beginning at the end
Capital Gains and Word Definitions
Capital Gains tax rules changed on 5/7/97
How to hold title correctly to get a full step-up in basis & avoid probate
What to do when a co-owner Passes...
Calculating Net Proceeds When Selling a Home
More Puzzle Pieces - Coming Soon!
- Cash Flow is King – Your Financial Plan
- Reverse Mortgage Basics
- Home improvement ideas for the best ROI
- Selling a home as-is
- Interviewing Realtors
- The Listing agreement
- Real Estate Transaction Timeline
- Rent it or Sell it? (Investment properties)
- 1031 tax exchange (Selling investment properties)
- Retaining your property tax basis (Prop 13, 60, 90)
- Preparing your home for the market
- To Stage or not to Stage? There is no question.
- Downsizing in a nutshell
- Seniors Communities (what are the differences?)
- Buyer Tips (negotiation strategies, contract red flags)
- Relocation (realtor introductions) and new housing developments
- The Purchase Agreement